Conversation starters are important when doing both personal and group evangelism either in the digital or physical world.
When you ask questions
- It gives an opportunity for people to express themselves
- It draws people into a conversation
- It creates curiosity about matters that concern Jesus and faith
- It lays the foundation for people to receive Christ
The best strategy of digital evangelism is to initiate a conversation about faith.
We have examples in the Bible
For the Samaritan woman, it was “…Will you give me a drink?” John 4:4
To the Ethiopian eunuch, it was “…Do you understand what you are reading?” Acts 8:30
To Nicodemos, it was “…Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again” John 3:3
Before you engage in spiritual conversations, you must
- Be a student of the word of God
- Pray before beginning
- Let the Holy Spirit lead you
Engaging in spiritual conversations is a strategy under the interactive model of digital evangelism. We have been incorporating this under our evangelical platform as a ministry and to God’s glory, we have been getting positive feedback.
Here are 25 evangelism conversation starters you can try out
- Do you feel something is missing in your life?
- What makes you anxious about the future
- What are the things you rely on?
- In your view, how can you become a Christian?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- In your viewpoint, who is/was the man Jesus?
- How do you define fun and entertainment?
- What are you living for?
- How significant do you think the life of Jesus is?
- What do you believe in God?
- Has God become real to you?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?
- If you can ask God to do one thing for you, what would that thing be?
- Where do you wish to spend eternity?
- Who do you think is the most important person in history and why? (This conversation should lead to Jesus as the most important person in the history of mankind)
- Do you think God is interested in you?
- Why do you think bad things happen?
- Have you ever felt God is angry with you?
- Is God part of your life?
- Have you ever tried talking to God? What was His response?
- Have you ever asked Jesus what He thinks about you?
- Have you ever thought of asking God for help?
- What would you ask if you could ask any question from God?
- Did you go to church? Why or why not?
- What is humankind’s reason for being? What is your purpose in life?
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Pet. 3:15
The goal of evangelical conversation is to know Christ. That the knowledge of Jesus will fill the digital world. Always have that in mind.